27 August 2010

And In Time We Will All Be Stars | Eyewear of FAME the Movie Musical 1980



I sing the body electric...
I celebrate the me yet to come...
I toast to my own reunion
When I become one with the sun...

And I look back on Venus
I look back on Mars
And I burn with the fire of 10 million stars
And in time
And in time
We will all be stars...

- I Sing the Body Electric, FAME, 1980


I SING the Body electric;
The armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them;
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the Soul.

Was it doubted that those who corrupt their own bodies conceal themselves;
And if those who defile the living are as bad as they who defile the dead?
And if the body does not do as much as the Soul?
And if the body were not the Soul, what is the Soul?

- I Sing the Body Electric, Walt Whitman, 1900